Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Do you know this bird?


The first time I saw this Pixar© short, I laughed. And I cried.

Watching the innocent outsider, his purity of character allowing him to enter the group and join in; he does not perceive of any malice intended by the small minded birds that he hopes to befriend.

Do you know this bird? His desire to be included and his naïveté at the blocking misanthropes?  






Then karma gently lays the friendly and awkward bird on the earth and shoots the others into the air, stripping them of their feathers.  

I know this bird. I have seen him hand the first leaf to the defeated bully who fell before him.

And then laugh, an instinctive and honest laugh not from malice but from innocence.

I love this story.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

link to the official
Madonna School Website